There are no guarantees when you bet on sports. However, it’s not all about luck when you place your bet. You can actually become quite successful while betting online - if you do your research. Except for researching the sport you want to bet on, you should also keep a close eye on your bankroll. It’s easy to be swept away with the thrilling excitement but sometimes you also need to know when it’s time to stop. By doing so you will be able to enjoy your betting and hopefully also be profitable in the long-run. Of course, you will be better with time. Most newcomers don’t succeed right away and if they do it’s probably because of luck. Experienced betters know more about what it takes to win on a long-term basis and there are some strategies you can try in order to place the right bets.
No Deposit bonus
Below we are guiding you through selected betting strategies that might come in handy, as well as a few systems. This will hopefully help you on your way to manage your budget and when you should leave the betting website for the day. If you’re into casino games you might have heard of some of them before such as Martingale and Fibonacci. Other betting tactics are better designed for specific sports. One thing is for sure, there’s a lot to learn and we won’t be able to cover it all here. As we mentioned in the beginning there is nothing called a risk-free bet where you know you’ll win from the beginning. There are, however, some tricks you can use in order to boost your winning chances.
The reason we use betting strategies
So, why should we use betting strategies and not just bet on what feels right at the moment? Well, these strategies will help you manage your money and take advantage of the odds at the bookmakers and increase your chances of success. If everyone had the knowledge about the absolute best betting strategies everybody would win which means the bookmakers eventually would go out of business.
Most players who bet frequently are aware that it doesn’t take much to increase the chances of winning. It can be just a little bit better odds on a certain sport or being able to handle your budget and bankroll in the most optimal way. It’s also important to keep your cool and think about a bet once or twice before placing it.
Newcomers who start to bet on sports are often careless and tend to listen to their gut instinct more than using a system or a strategy. If you try to use strategies and systems when you bet you will probably be able to make your money last longer. By looking at statistics it’s also easier to place a bet rather than doing it on the run.
Popular betting systems with a long tradition
As mentioned above there are several strategies that you can use when you bet online and most of them have a long tradition behind them. We do want to say that these betting strategies doesn’t guarantee any wins either but many betters claim they work. Keep in mind that you should always gamble responsibly and set some limits on how much you can afford to lose!
- Martingale: One famous strategy is the one called Martingale. This is a progressive system with the goal to cover losses by doubling the stakes on the upcoming bets. If you look at several reviews of betting systems this is supposed to be one of the best - but it’s up to you to try and see if you agree. So if you, for example, bet £10 on a horse in the first race and you fail to choose the winning horse you should bet £20 on the next race. If you lose again you should go on and bet £40 on the third race. Now, if the third bet is a win you will get back the amount and also cover the two first losses. Of course, there are downsides with the Martingale system as well. If you happen to lose several times you will have to bet pretty high stakes.
- Fibonacci: Fibonacci is another old and popular betting strategy. The system is based on a system of numbers. This sequence of numbers has been studied by mathematicians for hundreds and hundreds of years. The numbers go like this: 0, 1, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21 and so on. As you can see you just add the first and the second number to get the third. If you want to apply the Fibonacci system to sports betting you start by betting £1 and if you lose you raise the stake and bet £2 the second time. With a second loss, you bet £3 and after that £5 until you win. Both the Martingale and the Fibonacci system are complicated and you need to read more about them in order to be able to use them. There are lots of guides online that you can turn to.
- Fixed wager betting: As a beginner, we understand that the Martingale and Fibonacci systems are a bit intimidating. In that case, fixed wager betting might suit you instead. By using fixed wager betting you always bet the same amount of money and it doesn’t matter how much you win or lose. This is both good and bad. You won’t lose your whole bankroll as fast but you most likely won’t be able to get a massive win either.
- All-in betting: One strategy is all-in betting. However, this is not something we recommend. Actually few people suggest this but for some reason, all-in betting finds its way into forums about betting strategies from time to time. It’s not easy to figure out that you’ll make a huge profit if you manage to bet the entire bankroll on, for example, the winning team. The same obvious reason to why you shouldn’t use this is because you lose all of your money if you don’t get it right.
Betting strategies on specific sports
There are of course many more strategies when you want to bet on sports. Some systems are also known to be better for different sports. When you know what sports you want to bet on it’s a good idea to search for strategies specific to that. We’re just going to give two examples below on how you can think when you bet on two different sports - where one of them is horse racing since this also is a huge deal within betting.
- Horse racing: If you’re into horse racing and you’ve visited forums where different betting strategies are mentioned it’s not unlikely you’ve heard about ”hedging”. By hedging bets, you simply bet on more than one outcome of the same race. Instead of just betting on one specific winner you place multiple bets. As you might understand this means the chances of winning something are higher. Don’t forget to analyze statistics and the bookmakers' odds before you place your bets though. Another version of this is arbitrage betting. You also place multiple bets on different outcomes at different bookies.
- Football: Most football fans have their favorite team and it’s no wonder they want to bet on their beloved team to win. Even though this goes against the majority of the different betting strategies it can also be a great deal when you tend to focus all of your bets on one single team. This does mean that you need to be really honest to yourself about your favorite team. If they’re in bad shape you shouldn’t bet on them to win. Even though most bookmakers offer statistic and information about different teams you can still do your own research. Instead of focusing on different teams, choose one.
If you go online you will find several guides about betting on specific sports so make sure you check them out.
The best betting strategy
It’s hard to say which betting strategy is the best. We can always rely on systems based on math, statistic and other things such as the weather or psychology but in the end, it’s not a bad thing to just trust your own common sense when you enjoy betting online.
One thing we’ve already mentioned is the importance of a safe budget for your betting which will help you keeping it both fun and relaxed since you always know how much you can spend. Also, it’s a lot easier to just use common sense together with a fixed budget than to learn different complex sport betting strategies.
Another thing you should keep in mind is that there are limits to most sports betting strategies as well. As we mentioned before it wouldn’t take long until the bookmakers would go out of business if there ever was a guaranteed risk-free betting system available. Rely on your budget and when you feel it’s right to raise your stake - do it. If it’s not going that well, then stop for the day instead of continue.
Needless to say, like every other thing you bet money on, sports betting is unpredictable and no matter what system och strategy you choose to follow you will win and you will lose. Therefore, we recommend that you think about how you want to set your budget, check out the statistics, research the sport and the team you want to bet on and hopefully, you will become good at betting as time goes by and you become more experienced.